Saturday, January 5, 2013

Who am I?

For those of you that don't know me very well; here is a little introduction about me.  Instead of boring you with my life story, here are some fun facts to help you get to know me better.

  • I was raised by my grandparents (my mom had addiction problems and I have never met my father)
  • I love to travel and have been to most of the United States and several countries
  • I took dance for 15 years (ballet, tap, jazz, pointe).  I have danced at Disneyland and for Royal Caribbean Cruise line when I was in high school.
  • I married my high school sweet heart (we celebrate 15 years of marriage in July)
  • I own a CPR and First Aid Training site; and worked previously in a hospital for 10 years with multiple roles.
  • In 2011 I lost 80 pounds, I gained almost 25 of them back!  Trying to lose 50 in 2013!
  • I was my high school prom queen
  • I have been struggling with my weight problem for the past 12 years.  When I graduated from high school I only weighed 117 pounds.
  • I have a bachelors degree in health science from Boise State University & a Master of Business (healthcare administration) from Lincoln Memorial University.
  • I was born and raised in California
  • I love Jesus!  I hate hypocrites.
  • I love coffee and enjoy a cup every morning
  • I have two wonderful kids!  My boy Hudson is 5, my girl Reese is 3
  • I enjoy being creative.  I like to dabble in lots of different crafts, cooking, and PARTY throwing is my specialty
  • I have played almost every competitive sport at some point in my life: tennis, volleyball, basketball, softball, golf, swimming, water polo, dance, cheerleading, gymnastics, running....funny thing is, I am really not that athletic.  
  • I gained majority of my weight shortly after I got married and started taking birth control, depo provera.  It totally screwed my endocrine system up.
  • I have been a Zumba instructor since Oct 2012.  
  • I love learning new things.  I don't think you can ever be too educated.  I love to read and learn new things all the time.
  • I enjoy hiking and exploring the Smoky Mountains
  • I have lived in Tennessee since 2005
  • Most of my family and my husband's family resides in Idaho.  Some are in Boise and some are in Idaho Falls, near Yellowstone National Park.
  • I love my friends!  I need relationships to function.  I am very outgoing!
I'm sure there is a lot more...but this gives you an idea.  Welcome to my blog!  I will be blogging about my journey this year and sharing the tips and tricks that I know & use.

No comments:

Post a Comment