Thursday, January 10, 2013

What have I been eating for breakfast?

For the first time ever, I haven't felt deprived while trying to lose weight.  I have still enjoyed many of the foods that I love.  I also notice that when I am not eating junk, I don't crave it but when I do give in to the temptation it usually isn't good.  I have ate very yummy food but not any junk!  I'll need your support when I eat that first dessert and it ends up being 3.  Yikes.

Anyway, I have been logging all of my food so I thought I would share what some of my days look like.  On mornings that I zumba I can't eat much for breakfast.  May sound silly but I am not sure if it is nerves or what but I never feel like eating much.  Today I am going to focus on breakfast.  I will do another post for lunch, dinner and snacks.

Day 1 
Coffee with FF creamer
Oatmeal w/ 1 TBSP brown sugar & pecans

Day 2
Coffee with FF creamer
Fiber One Protein Bar
24 seedless grapes

Day 3
Coffee with FF creamer
1 C Raisin Bran w/ 1/2 C skim milk

Day 4
Coffee with FF creamer
Banana & Cutie Orange
String Cheese

Day 5
Coffee with FF creamer
Chobani Greek Pineapple Yogurt
Handful of roasted almonds

Now if you are a big breakfast eater, these probably don't look like much.  I hate breakfast and only eat it because I know it gets your engine going.  I force myself to eat something but don't like to eat much.  Another thing I like to eat but haven't recently is a homemade egg mcmuffin.  I make these with two egg whites and a little deli sliced ham and low fat cheese.  They are yummy and have lots of protein.

Maybe, you are one that doesn't eat breakfast.  This used to be me!  I never used to eat breakfast and I wouldn't really get hungry until after noon.  When I first started eating breakfast I noticed that I was starving by like 10:45 or 11.  I couldn't figure it out...shouldn't it be the opposite?  Well, let me tell you why.  When you don't eat any breakfast your metabolism is running so slow; however when you eat breakfast it revs it up and makes your body burn more.  It literally is just like a car.  If you filled up your tank with gas and then ran it at 5mph it would take a long time to get empty but if you filled it up and then ran it at 50mph it would run out of gas a lot sooner.  That is pretty much how your metabolism works.  When you don't eat breakfast your metabolism is going 5mph but when you fuel it up and eat it runs better and faster, hence why you get hungry faster.

This week I am encouraging you all to eat SOMETHING for breakfast every day.  It can be small but within 45 minutes of waking...eat a little something to get that fire burning!  Good luck.  What do you eat for breakfast?  Please share in the comments (unless its biscuits & gravy) then you better keep that to yourself. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment