Wednesday, January 16, 2013

One-derland

Well, today is exactly 3 weeks since I started on this new journey.  I had started the day after Christmas and I am proud to report that I have lost 7.8 pounds during those 3 weeks.   Today I met a huge milestone too.  I made it back into one-derland....that is when the first digit on the scale is a 1.  Woot woot.  Three weeks ago I weighed 207.6 and today I am 199.8.  I never want to see a two in the front, EVER again.  I was in one-derland about a year ago and some how had let myself slip.  Here is a commitment to NEVER see it again.

I am not going to lie.  For the first time it seems to be much easier.  Every other time I have done weight loss I have felt hungry and deprived.  I am not sure why it feels different this time, I can't quite put my finger on it.  The truth is that I really like healthy food.  I enjoy fruits, vegetables, lean meats and limited carbs.  I think the trick has been planning.  I love to cook and I have been making some really good meals.  I have made them lighter by tweaking some of the ingredients but they have been yummy.  I have still allowed myself small indulgences.  I still drink one coke zero a day, I also eat one small piece of dark chocolate.  I have also found these new fiber one brownies that are 90 calories and actually taste really good.

I have began to enjoy a cup of hot tea in the afternoon.  3PM is my weakness, it is when I start to get hungry and want a snack; lately I have been eating my 90 calorie brownie and a cup of hot tea with agave nectar in it.  It fills and warms my belly and makes me feel full and satisfies my sweet tooth.  What are your healthy indulgences?  I have also really been loving the small cutie oranges that are in season right now.  They are so easy to peel and only 45 calories; my kids love them too!

Starting a new week today!  Hold me accountable.  Those of you planning to come to Zumba on Saturday, bring your A-game, cause it is going to be a tough workout....I plan to BRING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment